Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
We get a lot of questions about our hunts, here are the most common questions we get and our answers. If you have any other questions please contact us!
What hunting licenses do I need?
- We recommend thoroughly reviewing the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department website before coming on your hunt. They have plenty of information about Texas hunting license requirements.
What choke is the best for dove hunting?
- Some experts recommend the modified choke for hunting doves, but it depends on many factors. Those can include wind, surroundings and the stubbornness of the dove!
What cell services are available?
- Verizon does not work well in our area but most of the other cell service carriers work just fine.
What kind of meat processing is available?
- Meat processing is not included but we do have a local processor that does a great job and we will be happy to help you get your game to the processor. Processing fees are the hunters responsibility and terms are between the hunter and the processor.
What kind of taxidermy is available?
- Taxidermy is not included but we will be happy to share our favorite taxidermist's number and help you get your trophy to the taxidermist if a local one is chosen. All taxidermy fees are the hunters responsibility and between the hunter and the taxidermist.
Do you offer transportation from the airport?
- We can pick you up from the Abilene Regional Airport (ABI) for an additional fee of $200 per vehicle and per trip and $400 per vehicle and per round trip. Each vehicle can carry from 3 to 4 hunters.
What time is check-in?
- We ask that you arrive after 5pm. This allows us the time to restock the kitchen and change the lodge over before your arrival. We will serve you dinner the night of arrival between 7pm and 8pm.
Are alcoholic beverages included?
- We do not provide alcohol but please feel free to bring your own.
Is transportation from the lodge to the hunting areas included?
- Yes, on a fully guided hunt, you will ride with your guide to the hunting area.